Saturday, February 27, 2010

On My Wishlist #1



On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted here at Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. I hope you will join in! If you want to know more click here.





Book Title: Wake
Author: Lisa McMann
Published: March 4th 2008

Summery (Good Reads):
Ever since she was eight years old, high school student Janie Hannagan has been uncontrollably drawn into other people's dreams, but it is not until she befriends an elderly nursing home patient and becomes involved with an enigmatic fellow-student that she discovers her true power.






Book Title: Shiver
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Published: August 1st, 2009

Summery (Good Reads):
For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human ... until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.


I have a ton more, but these are the two I really really want right now.

What's on your wishlist?



6 comments:

Darlyn said...

i've never heard of wake but i read a lot of good things on shiver..it's also on my TBR list.

p/s: I'm following you from FF!

Unknown said...

OMG WOMAN, another blog!!!

Lori said...

It's a lovely blog. :) I would like to read that Wake series. Here's Mine

Amanda Makepeace said...

Great wishlist! Shiver is another on mine as well, but have yet to my hands on a copy. ;)

Thanks for following my blog!

Chrissie said...

They both look really good! I've got them both on my TBR list.

You can see my wishlist here: http://www.chrissiescorner.co.uk/?p=685

Jan von Harz said...

Hey Zel, I am glad I am not the only one who hasn't read Shiver yet. Got it on my wishlist too.